staff
updates
� 10.21.2017
Our new sitewide plot is a go! See THE INQUISITION!
Welcome
Welcome to the new home of Revolutions! Thank you to everyone who's helped us get moved and all our awesome members. <3
credits
Original site concept belongs to Claire and Simon.

Skin and mini-profile coded by MISS TEXAS. at CAUTION. Toggle sidebar is from SubDevo and Custom Forum Structure script is from Black. Site templates by HELLS BELLS at CAUTION.

Dragon Age belongs to Bioware.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

A Trail of Breadcrumbs, The great Griffon Hunt
Caspian Veles
 Posted: Nov 23 2017, 04:40 PM
played by
years old. . currently . from .
Human
w
a
s
d
Caspian Veles

3rd Guardian 952
Caspian Veles, Christian Veles, Sabine Bechard
Univeristy of Orlais's Library
@Jax, @Momo, @Zyah

It was late, the candles were burning down and Caspian, as usual was in the Library reading. He was always reading, or at art galleries, or teaching and when he wasn't doing them things, he was being the Dragon Hunter that he had become famed for. Although when he hunted Dragons it was to Study them, not kill them.

Of course that got him into all sorts of trouble with both Chrissy and Sabine. For entirely different reasons but essentially it got him in trouble.

Latley the older Veles sibling had started researching forgotten beasts, more as a fancy for himself. He had started reading on Griffons, and why these majestic beasts had simply vanished. He had an idea about it, but like most of Cas's ideas they were tangable, all loose threads and no tie to put them too.

He lit a new candle and picked up his tea. Everything that he had read so far pointed to one fact. The famous majestic winged mounts of the Grey Wardens simply ceased to stop mating. That in itself threw up a whole host of questions that he had no real answer to.

Could the Taint that they were exposed too somehow contributed to thier decline in numbers? Were there not enough mating pairs? Or was it simply the Wardens and mother nature both did not look after the Griffons enough to secure viable young? Cas didn't know.

However he loved a good mystery. So much so that he forgot two vital things. One he was supposed to have been meeting his brother for more lessons on defending himself and two he was supposed to have been meeting Sabine for dinner.

When Caspian got himself into something , he didn't mean to miss his appointments, but he was good at what he did and when he was absorbed in something, then other things got forgotten. Only the two things he had forgotten would mean hours and hours of apologies and having to make amends. Cas didn't think about that right now, right now he was reading a certain passage in an old Warden ledger over and over and over again, and the more he read it the more his eyes widened.

PMEmail
^
Christian Veles
 Posted: Nov 26 2017, 08:44 PM
played by Momo
29 years old. Dragon Hunter. currently Single. from Orlais.
Human
w
a
s
d
Christian Veles

Caspian was late. Normally, that didn't matter to Christian, for he was the king of being tardy to places. Of course, that was when he wasn't hungry. Now, he was hungry. He had no money of his own for food and his brother had told him they could go eat tonight. Christian had really been looking forward to that, but of course when Cas didn't show he was a little disappointed.

There were only two places he could be. One, he was studying something, which meant that Christian somehow had to find the library. It didn't matter how many times he'd gone searching for his brother there, he never remembered how to get back. Two, Cas was with Sabine and just... ew. He hoped it was the library.

After an hour of looking, he finally had a student lead him to the right place. But then he had to find his nerd of a brother among the rows and rows of books. Sadly, he couldn't just wander around yelling. The last time he'd done that, he'd gotten thrown out. Those old ladies that sat at the front desk were really strong, even if they didn't look it.

It took him another thirty minutes of going through the dusty shelves (he was sneezing by this point) before he spotted a familiar, hunched-over figure. "Caaaaaaaaas," Christian whined, but quietly, as he approached. His stomach was growling now and he felt like he was going to faint. When had he last eaten? Lunchtime? "You said we could go eat hours ago and you weren't thereeee..."

--------------------
PM
^
Caspian Veles
 Posted: Nov 29 2017, 03:19 PM
played by
Human
w
a
s
d
Caspian Veles

Cas barely heard the sneezing, but he heard the stomach growling, Maker did Chrissy always think with his stomach?

He actually then Remebered. Chrissy was supposed to have been giving him tips on swordplay or in Cas's case dagger play, and meet him for lunch and he was supposed to have met Sabbi for Dinner an hour ago...Oh Maker he was in trouble. Lots of Trouble.

Dragon poop deep trouble.

Still that would not dampen the excitement worming its way through his stomach He almost jumped from his seat and shook Chrissy's shoulders.

"I think, i think i might know where there be Griffons Chrissy!!" He had a face like a child on Satinalia morning. "Look look see here look"

He almost pulled his younger brother round the desk ok so scrolls meant reading and Chrissy did not like reading anything that might give him a headache "It says here that some where within the old halls of the Uni are details of the Grffons nesting sites...if we find them we can go see if we can find the griffons. Oh come on Chrissy it'll be different from hunting Dragons and if Sabbi comes...." Caspian slapped his hand over his eyes "Oh Maker i was supposed to have met her for dinner...thats my balls cut off and dangled from somewhere not nice!!!"

Cas could deal with missing a date with his brother, if something more interesting came along it would grab his little brothers attention so it didnt matter so much, the last time he had stood Sabine up she hadn't spoken to him for months.

PMEmail
^
Sabine Béchard
 Posted: Dec 2 2017, 01:33 PM
played by Zyah
32 years old. Chevalier. currently with Caspian Veles . from Orlais.
Human
w
a
s
d
Sabine Béchard

This was the last time! Sabine was beyond irritated. After waiting for almost an hour Caspien’s tardiness prompted her to go searching for him in the one place he told her he’d be during the day. But she wasn’t there to retrieve him. Definitely not. She was there to give him a piece of her mind before giving him of an excellent view of her backside as she stormed off to enjoy dinner without him.

Dressed in a dark blue evening gown that accentuated her shape the Chevalier made her way through the library. Her stride was long, purposeful, and in perfect cadence. Even when she wasn’t in armor Sabine walked with the poise of a Chevalier.

In the relatively quiet library she heard two male voices, one of them being Cas’, and within minutes pinpointed where he was. Navigating through the bookcase lined walkways she approached him and to her annoyance found him with his brother. “Of coarse. This is why you forgot about dinner.” She exasperated and put her hands on her hips. “Well, I guess you can take him dancing too.” Sabine gibed the two brothers.
PMEmail
^
Christian Veles
 Posted: Dec 2 2017, 07:58 PM
played by Momo
Human
w
a
s
d
Christian Veles

Christian could only blink at Caspian's exclamations, not understanding what in Andraste's name he was even talking about. It came out in too much of a rush for him to comprehend immediately and he was still blinking in confusion when Sabine barged in the room.

"Oh, I like dancing," he commented right back, half-goading and half-serious. He didn't know that Caspian was late meeting her too. The only schedules he (barely) kept up with were his own! Normally Christian was the one who was late too, although he supposed he was a little glad that he wasn't the only one that his brother had forgotten today.

Of course, he would always assert he was the more important. And he was still hungry.

"Cas can we go eat now?" he begged, unconcerned about the griffons for now. He didn't even realize at the moment that they were supposedly extinct and Caspian had come across something amazing! "The birdy-thingies will be there later, right?"

--------------------
PM
^
Caspian Veles
 Posted: Dec 3 2017, 07:46 AM
played by
Human
w
a
s
d
Caspian Veles

As if his 10 hours of research had not ended bad enough in walked Sabine wearing a...knockout outfit. He was about to apologise to her when Chrissys comments about the Birdy things made the words die in in his throat.

With a look of sheer incredulity on his face and his mouth opening and closing like a goldfish he stared at his little brother. Cas loved his little brother he truely did but sometimes...

Stalking to a picture book he opened it and slammed it on the desk, "That is a Griffon. That is what the Grey Wardens used to ride into battle, They are supposed to be extinct..." He rolled his eyes as he rememebered Chrissy might not know that "Dead all gone, no more" He jabbed his finger at the book he had been reading "According to that somewhere in the old halls is a map with ALL the Griffons nesting sites"

He pulled his cuffs on his jacket down and was about to suggest they all go for something to eat but he really did not fancy sitting inbetween the two. He and Chrissy had not spoken for years because Chrissy didn't like Sabine and Sabine and he had broken up on more than one occassion cause he always felt the need to defend his little brother.

He pushed his brother at the picture book "The pretty pictures will tell you what i am getting at!"

Now he had to deal with somethng far more...prickly. He walked over to where Sabine was standing and cleared his throat "I am sorry Sabi, I got caught up in reading and ...well i think i know what WE can all do. If you give me a few I'll make it upto you i promise." He kissed her cheek and closed his eyes as he saw more than he wanted his little brother to see and swallowed heavily. "If we find that these beautiful creatures are still alive we could all be..." he lowered his tone "rich" he whispered cause if his brother heard that word then he would want to go now, right this minuete and things had to be prepared. "All i have to do is find the map so what say we all go for something to eat and i'll take you dancing and then i come back here and find the map? I am really sorry Sab, you know what i a like when i get my nose into something, its no excuse but well like you two get all dandy wth armour and swords and stuff, I'm a nerd what can i say?"
PMEmail
^
Sabine Béchard
 Posted: Dec 6 2017, 01:12 PM
played by Zyah
Human
w
a
s
d
Sabine Béchard

"I'm sure you do." Sabine shot back at Christian. "Dancing is rather safe so I'm sure you excel in it just fine." She retorted, taking yet another jibe at his shortcoming at becoming a Chevalier. There was no love loss between the two and tensions seemed to always rise when they were around each other, even with Caspian playing referee.

Her long stare at Christian was suddenly blocked by Cas when he approached her and she tried to shrug him off when he kissed her cheek. What did he expect? Was she supposed to be thrilled by this discovery? Sabine knew about griffons and their ties to Grey Wardens but those creatures were extinct... weren't they?

That didn't mean she didn't listen to his explanation. "Griffons? You go from dragons to griffons. Why... How...?" Sabine couldn't believe it. Why couldn't she have fallen for a guy who didn't go chasing after rare and extremely dangerous creatures.

Rich? Sabine didn't care about that. But she wasn't about to let Caspian go head first into a dangerous situation... yet again. "You nearly died the last time you went on an expedition." She reminded him. In fact they nearly broke up over it... again. With a frustrated sigh she crossed her arms. "I don't feel like dancing anymore and I'm not having dinner with him." She looked over Caspian's shoulder at his brother and rolled her eyes. "Lets find your damn map and then your making it up to me for the rest of the night."
PMEmail
^
Christian Veles
 Posted: Dec 8 2017, 12:11 PM
played by Momo
Human
w
a
s
d
Christian Veles

"Oh, those things," Christian commented, looking down at the book. He knew they had wings, at least he'd gotten that right. But if they were no longer there, how did Caspian expect to find them? That didn't make sense to him, but when did any of his brother's ideas? Even though he shoved books and stuff underneath his nose, Christian refused to read them on principle.

But the word "rich" certainly made him perk up. He was in a constant state of being poor. No one ever hired him for any jobs --not that he really applied for anything-- and so Christian never had any money. There normally wasn't a time that he didn't miss their childhood when they actually had something, before their mother had died and their father had gambled everything --the house included-- away. If they could get that back...

Before he could say anything in approval, Sabine was talking again. Normally, he just heard a voice and blocked everything else out, but he did hear the jab. Safe!? He gaped at her, trying to figure out her issue was, before resorting to glaring. Didn't she know that he'd hunted dragons last year? He'd even fought a high dragon! A high dragon!

Christian only scoffed. "She's just scared and pessimistic, like always Cas," he grumped, crossing his arm over his chest. "No one wants to eat with her anyway. I'll help you find your griffons though!" Approving of his brother's idea always worked out, because when Caspian got onto something he didn't get off of it until it was done. Finding the book he wanted would mean they could go to dinner and then after that, find griffons and get rich!

--------------------
PM
^
Caspian Veles
 Posted: Dec 12 2017, 04:55 AM
played by
Human
w
a
s
d
Caspian Veles

Cas heaved an irritated sight, he loved the pair of them more than anyone or anything, but honestly standing referee between these two was starting to grate on his nerves. "This way" he said with an edge to his voice "Thats if you two can put your damn claws away long enough to find it. Honestly you two are going to have to find some way of either getting along or at least be civil to each other when i am around. Its like standing in a room with a group of kids when you two get into it."

He couldnt help the fact he had fallen in love with a woman Chrissy barely acknoweldged and it wasnt his fault that he had a brother that Sabine really did not like.

"You look amazing" He said to Sabine as he collected his long coat "You got enough enthusiam for the world, and maybe you can go one up on killing a High Dragon" He told Chrissy although he didn't approve of killing such creatures and it pained him to think his brother did. it was still a feat.

He lit a lantern and held it up walking a few paces "We need to go to the Grey Warden Archives"

He weaved his way through the bookcases his jovial mood a little soured by thier sniping. He adored Sabine, he must do he always found his way back to her when they had split up...half a dozen times before, he adored his little brother, he made a promise to his father he would look after Chrissy, even if they had only really started talking to each other again the last year.

Yes he had almost died the last time he went Dragon researching but it didnt bother him as much as it had the Chevalier, but this was his job, his life and his pasion and he certainly did not need protecting. If people like them both listened to him once in a while instead of spouting off about protection details then no one would get hurt.

"The Griffons were rumoured to have the same intelligence level as a dragon and were regarded as High born creatures" He explained as he led them towards the Grey Warden Archives. "They were populous in the Anderfels but also had scattered nesting sites across Thedas, why they actually bonded with the Grey Wardens no one knows" He opened the door and taking the lantern used it to light the others in the room. "This maybe a wasted journey but then they said that about dragons once and now we have them in abundance" The Nevarran scholar had catelogued half a dozen High Dragons in his years of doing this work and his thesis was respected.

So no although he had the brawn he did not have the warrior instinct like his lover or his brother, but his smarts kept him out of trouble, mostly. Unrolling the scroll he scratched his head and read it. Running a palm over his stubble he looked around "Need to find the portrait of the first ever First Warden." He sat at the table looked around the square room.

Portraits of Grey Wardens sat on the walls as well as books on the fabaled order. "Griffons are believed to be part Eagle, part lion but they can also be part tiger part hawk. etc etc. They are niether cat nor bird but they are shy and reclusive. So the mystery was how the Grey Wardens actually managed to find a mating pair, tame them and then have thier mounts"

His gaze fell on the portrait of the Hero of Fereldan, taking down the Archdeamon Urthemiel. This was going to be a headache and if these two could call a truce then it would be easer to work it out. If they were going to constantly snipe at each other...it was going to be a long night.
PMEmail
^
Sabine Béchard
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 11:30 AM
played by Zyah
Human
w
a
s
d
Sabine Béchard

"The Grey Wardens didn't train them. The Griffons chose to work with the Grey Wardens." Sabine mentioned almost absentmindedly not explaining why she knew that. A friend of hers was a Grey Warden, actually he'd been more than a friend for a short time, but they were close enough where he would regale her of tales of Grey Warden's glory.

"I can't remember which Blight it was but it was in the days when the Anders were called the Orths." Sabine recited the history that was told her to her by James. "The Wardens were originally taught by a tribe of the Orths, some of them even joined the Wardens." Sabine pointed out. "There weren't many that could ride the beasts since the Griffons chose their riders but I believe it was considered a sacred bond of sorts. As you said Cas, Griffons were rumored to be highly intelligent."

Sabine walked through the archive and was amazed at that there was even a Grey Warden archive here. The Grey Wardens tended to be very secretive. To see a collection this large was surprising. "The first one? Do we even know what he looks like? And why would he be commemorated here? He was Anders not Orliasian." It was hardly customary for Orlais to give glory to anyone who wasn't of their country. This was Orlais after all. But then again the tidbit she did know of Wardens was because of James, not that he was an expert but he was a Grey Warden.
PMEmail
^
Christian Veles
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 11:41 AM
played by Momo
Human
w
a
s
d
Christian Veles

Christian didn't really care about the history of the griffons or how they chose to work with the Wardens. Sure, it might have actually been interesting, but with these two it sounded more like a boring history lesson! Unless it was right in front of him, happening life, the younger of the Veles brothers had a hard time paying attention. That was why he wasn't the scholar!

So as they talked, he wandered around the library, looking up at the portraits. He didn't know which one was which and it wasn't really like he could read the placards. Orlesian writing as too fancy; everything here was all scroll-y and frilly. In the dim light of this section, just looking at it gave him a headache! Besides, he was hungry and that was all he could really think about.

"Griffons don't live in swamps, do they?" he questioned with a yawn, remembering one of the dragons that he'd fought with the huntresses. Trekking through that place had been a nightmare and he hoped their search wouldn't lead them to anywhere similar. As he spoke, he leaned against the wall beside one of the portraits... and it promptly swung inwards, causing him to fall backwards onto his ass.

"I think I found the first First Warden!" he called out, looking up at the ceiling in surprise.

--------------------
PM
^
Caspian Veles
 Posted: Jan 15 2018, 11:59 AM
played by
Human
w
a
s
d
Caspian Veles

Caspian was about to ask Sabine how she was that well informed when the sound of Chrissy falling to the floor made him look over.

Taking a lantern he walked over and gave Chrissy a cursory look over and then looked at the painting "The First Warden Commander of Orlais..not the First Warden of Wieshaupt" He patted Chrissy's head "well done little brother"

He held the lantern up and stared as he saw a room behind it. Let Sabine have her Battles and chevalier stuff, let Chrissy have his hunting thingys this was what Cas lived for. and the best way to hunt for treasure. He stepped through and at first couldn't see anything, until his lantern began piercing the gloom.

"Maker and the bride" he whistled "Would you look at this place," he began grinning to himself "I think i found a map room, or correction Chrissy's arm found a map room"

he glanced back over his shoulder "You two can wait out there if you like..you know dont want Chrissy's growling stomach alerting all insundry we are here and dont want Sabines dress getting wrecked." He allowed a wry grin to cross his face "you two can always you know, bond or something..." he walked forward "sure as hell make my life easier"

He found some wall sconces and lit them and whistled again "Gotta ask myself why this room was walled up, mystery for another time" He blew some dust off a chair and sat down.

Picking up the scrolls he gave them a quick read. Some of the scrolls were in Orleasian others were in Anders but he read through what he could. journals of the Blights. Tevinter Dragon Cults. letters saying why the Grey Wardens were not allowed in Tevinter. or at least thats what he thought that was. He had heard rumours of a Grey Warden outpost somewhere near the University and he wondered if he had found a secret path to it. Well if nothing else then there was something to return to the Wardens at some point. This was thier stuff after all.

He tapped the desk with his fingers and rubbed his brow, Where did he even begin?
PMEmail
^
Sabine Béchard
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 11:23 AM
played by Zyah
Human
w
a
s
d
Sabine Béchard

"Better lucky than good, huh." Sabine quipped at Caspian's brother as she sidestepped past him while he lay on the floor. Over the years she'd gotten used to Christian's buffoon ways but that didn't mean she liked it. There wasn't much or if anything about Christian that she liked and Sabine blamed many of her arguments and breakups with Caspian on his brother. Hence the continuing resentment toward Cas' younger brother.

That being said as soon as Caspian mentioned that they wait outside the room for him Sabine quickly dismissed the idea. "You must be joking." She scoffed. The only reason she was even in Christian's company was because of Caspian. "How about we help you take a quick look see, you figure what you should take with you to read later, and then we can have dinner? This stuff hasn't been touched in decades. I doubt one more night will make a difference." She reminded him that he promised to take her out tonight. It wasn't often she was able to have a weekend away from her station and she was already frustrated at having to delay dinner.

Sabine walked the small room, delicately picking up scrolls she thought might be pertinent as she went, and brought them to the desk in the center of the room. Opening one scroll she immediately began to sneeze from the dust in the place.
PMEmail
^
Christian Veles
 Posted: Jan 26 2018, 11:11 AM
played by Momo
Human
w
a
s
d
Christian Veles

While Christian was happy that Caspian found something new to interest him, he was not in the slightest bit happy about sitting in a dusty, old room while his brother poured over ancient books. Normal, new books were bad enough, but freaking old ones? No. Christian hadn't even eaten lunch today and for once, he had to agree with Sabine.

What a day this was.

"Cas, let's just take these to your office, lock the door so no one can touch them, and go eat," he suggested. Christian wasn't even going to complain about going for dinner with the chevalier! He was so hungry, he would eat in the company of anyone today! He also knew Cas would sit here all night --and for several nights for days on end, if he was allowed-- so they really needed to get him out of here!

"You can even bring a few with us, if you want," he continued, hoping the compromise would convince his older brother to move faster. "Let's just go eat before we all pass out."

--------------------
PM
^
Caspian Veles
 Posted: Jan 27 2018, 09:44 PM
played by
Human
w
a
s
d
Caspian Veles

Cas was tempted to stick some gold on the table and tell them to go. Did he tell them not to play with big pointy sharp things? Did he tell them Not to go off on thier own businesses? no, well he would have done if he had not been so shocked that the two of them actually agreed on something.

He would have took one of them with him but he figured that Sabine might use it as a knife holder if he did. So gathering all the scrolls up he let them walk with him back to his office and lock the scrolls in it.

Caspian loved his literature, his books, his art, he really was a nerd, that wasn't to say he couldn't fight because on the odd occasion he had done just that, and he hit as hard as a bull, when riled enough, Maker knows him and Chrissy had come close to it over the years, and the odd snide remark from a jealous Chevalier or two had resulted in them never calling him a dirty Nevaran again. He just thought some solutions were found though study.

Unfortunately he had a habit of getting so engrossed in his work that he forgot the time. So it made Sense that his brother and lover would want to steer him away from this, besides he was getting a headache so maybe somewhere with more light would help. Honestly he was surprised he didn't wear specs.

Locking his door he looked at them both "Come on then, before i change my mind and go lock myself in there"

He was not hungry anymore but he had promised both of them food, so he walked with them across to the Restaurant that all his colleagues dined in. It was the best on campus.

"Table for three please Messair" He told the Maitre De and waited "Nice to see you two agreeing on something for a change" he muttered as they were led to thier table.
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.

affiliates table created by shimmer at shine.