staff
updates
� 10.21.2017
Our new sitewide plot is a go! See THE INQUISITION!
Welcome
Welcome to the new home of Revolutions! Thank you to everyone who's helped us get moved and all our awesome members. <3
credits
Original site concept belongs to Claire and Simon.

Skin and mini-profile coded by MISS TEXAS. at CAUTION. Toggle sidebar is from SubDevo and Custom Forum Structure script is from Black. Site templates by HELLS BELLS at CAUTION.

Dragon Age belongs to Bioware.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

A Restless Soul
Mari Baraast
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 12:36 PM
played by Zyah
30 years old. Shaper. currently Married to Brim Helmi. from Orzammar.
Dwarf
w
a
s
d
Mari Baraast

Mari's eyes widened and her jaw nearly dropped at the beautiful sight! She squeezed Brim's hand and smiled in wonderment. "Oh, Brim." The Shaper murmured in awe. She traveled to many places through the Deep, even knew of some spectacular caverns, but nothing was comparable to what she was seeing. If she hadn't been so paranoid of the surface she might have traveled this way before. But seeing it for the first time nearly stole her breath away.

The Shaper took a few steps forward and just stared, committing everything to memory. Very people knew that she had eidetic memory. It was why she could be so detailed in her notes and when she cataloged information at the Shaperate. "This is... amazing." Mari could see the past come alive in front of her and she became giddy. She hugged Brim while bursting into joyous laughter. For some dwarves this was no big deal but for Mari this was a discovery she felt blessed to see.

"The surface has nothing on this." Mari quipped with the arrogance of any dwarf born and raised in the Deep. "Thank you for bringing me here." She finally let him go, her cheeks a tad bit flushed from excitement and the fact she'd been clinging to him for last several minutes.

Mari quickly climbed down the ledge and darted onto the Road, staring up at the high columns and running her fingers over the carvings. "When did you find this? Why have you not told the Shaperate?"
PMEmail
^
Brim Helmi
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 12:41 PM
played by
years old. . currently . from .
Dwarf
w
a
s
d
Brim Helmi

"I just have" Brim muttered loud enough for her to hear and joined her but didn't interrupt her, well what would you call it, her shaper thing?. "Besides, can you imagine what Bhelan would do? This is untouched by the Darkspawn, no sign of them and i've had the best warriors we have scour the tunnels. If i let those busy bodies in Orzamarr know about this, then it would have alerted those blighted tossers and i would rather not advertise this place if i can help it"

Brim really did not want any expedition from Orzamarr traipsing round here, he had a small shaperatte staff, a very small staff but they moved quiet and they worked together to gather what they could around here.

"Their notes and findings are at the Shaperate. You can read them there when we get there."

Brim pointed to a set of very large doors in the distance. "That is the entrance to the Thaig, you sure you want to do this now?" He asked her. Wanting her to be absolutely certain that she wanted to go through those doors.

He did wonder if she would be as captivated by the place as he was. Brim glanced up and taking Bloodletter from her sheath he held her high, the light of the area casting off the runes along the axe's haft and in the distance the sound of two humongous doors slowly opening could be heard.

"by the time we get there theyll be open"
PMEmail
^
Mari Baraast
 Posted: Mar 7 2018, 10:39 AM
played by Zyah
Dwarf
w
a
s
d
Mari Baraast

Looking around her she studied the high walls and pillars. She could understand why Brim hadn't told Bhelen about this and for all the reason he gave. She watched as Brim raised Bloodletter and stood rooted where she stood. "We're here?" Mari could hardly believe it. There was denying how anxious Mari was, especially after discovering the Thaig was close.

Mari eventually began walking again but was moving at a slower pace than normal. The air around her changed as the large doors opened in the distance and she smell it in the air. It was different, probably since it was nearer the surface than she'd ever been.

The rest of the walk Mari was silent until they reached a few feet from the doors. The dwarves standing watch in the tower hailed Brim and Mari smiled when she heard her name mentioned waving to dwarves who were once from Orzammar. But when Brim started walking toward the gates to enter she grabbed his arm. "I don't know if I can do this." She told him, her voice squeaking in slight panic. "The surface... I'm... " It was the craziest thing. Facing a dragon was easier for her than walking into where daylight could actually touch her. "This is crazy." She walked over the side and sat on a large boulder. "I'm sorry. I want to do this, but... I don't know if I'm ready."
PMEmail
^
Brim Helmi
 Posted: Mar 14 2018, 01:57 AM
played by
Dwarf
w
a
s
d
Brim Helmi

Brim watched her for a moment as she sat down. It was nothing to laugh at, nothing to tease at, this was a very real emotion for any stone born child. All the Children of the Stone here had gone through the exact same emotions as Mari, it was why the Thaig was set out as it was.

He reached into his pack and took some parchment and a charcoal stick. Then began to draw quickly. Brim never really considered himself an artist. being the son of a noble house though, he had lessons. ,Maps he could do perfectly, anything fancy arty farty then no.

"Mari...Mari" he touched her shoulder and withdrew his hand quickly, crouching down in front of her. "Look. You are coming in here, this is all underground, all of it. This is the Stone made Thaig." he pointed to another area on the quickly and simply drawn map "To reach the surface you have to go to the other end of the Thaig which is a days walk away. There is only one entrance in to here and one exit/entrance to the surface. Mari i am not going to take you to the surface unless you are are ready and you really want to. If you never do you never do. Some people living here refuse to go and it's not held against them"

Brim rubbed his nose and looked around them both the guards watching what was going on with a mix of confusion, why wouldn't they be confused? They were from Orzamarr and they knew the story of these two. Strone who didn't anymore?

"If you really want to go back i will go get some supplies and i will take you to the nearest Legion Outpost to Orzamarr, but i promise you Mari, at this moment in time and when you set foot in there you are as far underground as you are now. The air is different, cleaner but thats the vents we uncovered a few months ago. We haven't worked out why they put Vents in here yet and yes its the surface air coming down but you are nowhere near the surface. Right now you are under Nevarra not in it but under it."

Brim got to his feet and looked at her. then held his hand out "I won't let go, trust me"
PMEmail
^
Mari Baraast
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 01:02 PM
played by Zyah
Dwarf
w
a
s
d
Mari Baraast

Mari stared at Brim's extended hand for a moment before nervously slipping her smaller hand into his. "I trust you." She breathed and tried to smile, at least for his benefit. He brought her this far, it wouldn't be right to turn back.

Brim explained the layout of the Thaig and even though it made sense to her the mere idea it was also partly on the surface made her body tremble. Walking hand in hand, merely because Mari refused to let go of Brim's, the two entered into the gate.

There were far more dwarves walking about near the gate than Mari originally guessed and she slowly began to relax after exchanging hellos with those who passed by them. Of coarse there were some that simply stared wide-eyed at seeing Mari there. Obviously they recognized her.

"Shaper!" Mari immediately turned her head in the direction of the person calling her and saw a burly dwarf walking toward her.

"Baz?' She was surprised to see her old time friend. He was a smithy and damn fine one too. He usually kept up all her armor back when she used to travel for Orzammar. "How did you end up here?" She asked after embracing him.

Baz wiped his brow with his sleeve, attempting to wipe some of the soot off. "Aye, came back with this one the last time he went to Orzammaer." He nodded at Brim. "Said he needed a smithy and well, I am the best." He winked at Mari who burst into laughter.

"You certainly are. I take it Helma and the kids are here?" Mari asked. And Baz nodded. "We'll have dinner sometime and you can tell me how Brim here found ya. Everyone back home been lookin for ya, lass."

Mari's smile faltered a bit. "Its good to see you, Baz." She quickly changed the subject and Baz said something about finishing his work before heading home. He mentioned where he and Helma were living and Brim said he could show her where later.

After Baz left them Mari didn't move. Instead she looked around the grand Thaig and admired it. "So this is your home, now." She turned to Brim. "Its beautiful."
PMEmail
^
Brim Helmi
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 11:32 AM
played by
Dwarf
w
a
s
d
Brim Helmi

Brim walked away a bit to have a chat with one of the guards, he wasn't the leader, he had made that clear, but as far as everyone else was concerned, cloud gazers and stone sense he was.

Whether Brim liked it or not, he held no position of authority, he had deliberately set it up that way but in his absence it was decided he would be the authority. When he was told he visibly rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"Not what i want"

"Sorry Brim it's not about what you want. People here trust you to lead them right, the cloud gazers too, they look to you to keep Orzamarr from interfering where it is not wanted."

Brim saw Mari finish her chat and waved his hand a little, as if he was swatting a fly when in reality he was swotting the idea of being the head honcho.

"Hey Baz" he greeted and looked at Mari as she took in the Commons. "Theres a proving ground down there, but not all of it is uncovered, still much to clear down there so the provings for the moment take place one level below. its the only Arena open, and we think it was the training arena."

Brim showed her round the other areas, the bars, the shops and the homes. Nothing like commoners homes in orzammar, there didn't seem to be that much of a divide, maybe that was what his ancestor had wanted, Brim didn't know and it might take months or years to deduce that.

He walked Mari through a huge set of gates and onto another level The merchants quarter. Here tradesmen of all class's came to trade, some had the pale countenance of stone kissed some tanned of Cloud Gazers. Again homes, shops inns and entertainment. When he took her through another set that led to the noble quarter she could see the Assembly hall, the guards outside snapping to attention as he walked past.

He didn't say another word until he got to the Shaperate, a huge building standing at least four levels high.

"The roads there lead back into the Deep and we think lead to whatever cities lay under Tevinter, we are not sure they exist anymore cause of the First Blight, but the Legion come through here sometimes. The roads there head towards Caradans Cross." he pointed to a large sealed door that was made of gold, the image of the sun emblazoned upon it "Those doors lead to the road that will take you to outpost Zhega, and its from there you get to the surface. We came in through there the first time we found this place. So we came in the other end of the roads."

Brim saw a huge memorial stone central to the entire area, the names of those who had met thier deaths on the initial reclamation of the Thaig. He opened the doors to the Shaperate and stood to one side "I am sure you know some of the folk in here. Lazeria, would you have Shaper Baraast set up with a room please"

"Mari!!!" The young orzammar shaper stopped, "Oh by the stone Mari!! of course Brim."

"I'll leave you two ladies to get reacquainted. If you need me Mari just have someone send for me, i have some things i need to do."
PMEmail
^
Mari Baraast
 Posted: Mar 31 2018, 03:22 PM
played by Zyah
Dwarf
w
a
s
d
Mari Baraast

Mari lost track of time after being reunited with Lazeria. The two Shapers talked for hours getting caught up on the last six months or so. Lazeria filled her in on the events that took place after Mari fled Orzammar. It seemed her grandfather had been trying to reach out to her, even extending out a hand to Kal-Sharok in attempt to contact her. Although Mari had already left Kal-Sharok by then the gesture was seen as an act of good will and from that came better relations between the two Thaigs. At least there was some good that came from her leaving Orzammar.

"We have regular runners that go between our Thaigs." Lazeria mentioned and Mari smiled faintly, understanding the suggestion. It was time that she let her grandfather know that she wasn't running anymore and where she was settled. At least for now. When asked how long she planned on staying Mari said she wasn't certain. She told Lazeria that she planned to stay at least until she could help get the Shaperate there in proper order. For Shapers that was easier said than done considering most of them were perfectionists in one way or another.

Lazeria gave her a tour and Mari selected the one room on the uppermost floor. It was private and roomy with all the amenities of home. Most importantly she had unlimited access to the Shaperate.

Sleeping hour came and by then Mari had her room situated, was freshened up and really hungry. Mari found Lazeria and several other shapers gathered in the main foyer and they told her they were heading to the towns dinner. Mari gave them a strange look and they told her that every night just about everyone gathered in the main streets and had dinner and drinks together.

Sure enough when Mari stepped outside the entire Thaig was busy with dwarves of all walks of life talking and breaking bread with each other. It was the most wondrous thing and Mari smiled widely. "I can't believe it." She murmured.

Lazeria wrapped her arm around her friend's shoulder and squeezed. "Welcome to Thaig Baraast." She then led her friend to where long tables were set up and to her surprise Mari ran across familiar faces. Some were friendly toward her and others gave her the cold shoulder. Mari expected it but she did her best not to let it bother her. They had every right to feel that way.

Mari caught glimpse of Brim talking among others and she gave him a smile that said it all. 'Thank you.'
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.

affiliates table created by shimmer at shine.