staff
updates
� 10.21.2017
Our new sitewide plot is a go! See THE INQUISITION!
Welcome
Welcome to the new home of Revolutions! Thank you to everyone who's helped us get moved and all our awesome members. <3
credits
Original site concept belongs to Claire and Simon.

Skin and mini-profile coded by MISS TEXAS. at CAUTION. Toggle sidebar is from SubDevo and Custom Forum Structure script is from Black. Site templates by HELLS BELLS at CAUTION.

Dragon Age belongs to Bioware.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

A Trail of Breadcrumbs, The great Griffon Hunt
Sabine Béchard
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 10:51 PM
played by Zyah
32 years old. Chevalier. currently with Caspian Veles . from Orlais.
Human
w
a
s
d
Sabine Béchard

Sabine would have thought Caspian would be thrilled that she and Christian weren't at each other's throats. But instead he seemed to be more in a mood about not being able to study more about the damn Griffons. Since they were in a public place and Sabine was not one to make a scene she smiled politely to the Maitre De when he said a said he would take them to their seats.

After the menu was presented and drinks poured Sabine waited until they were alone, well almost alone...Christian was ever present, before she pointed out to Caspian that a few hours weren't going to change history. "If you rather spend the night with your scrolls then so be it but at least try to enjoy dinner." Sabine was doing her absolute best to hold her temper but it was getting more and more difficult as the night went on.

In order to keep the peace and make Caspian happy she redirected the conversation back to the Griffons. "Lets say you do find where they might have nested. What do you hope to come from it? Besides coin." She quickly added with an annoyed glance at Christian. Why else would he be interested. Caspian at least wasn't driven by money. His love and appreciation for art and history was something she admired and it was something they had in common.
PMEmail
^
Christian Veles
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 08:56 PM
played by Momo
29 years old. Dragon Hunter. currently Single. from Orlais.
Human
w
a
s
d
Christian Veles

He was so happy to be in a place where he could fill his belly, Christian didn't even comment on the look that Sabine gave him. Normally he would have, especially since he thought that coin was a good motivator. They couldn't live without it, especially in Val Royeaux, could they? It ensured a roof over their heads and everything that kept them alive, after all.

But apparently it was a bad desire in the eyes of the fancy chevalier.

The younger brother just rolled his eyes, before shrugging. "Where would we even keep a bunch of griffons, anyway?" he questioned as the thought came to him. It wasn't like they had a home big enough to kennel them in. He was fairly sure the landlord would kick him out for that. The man wouldn't even let him have a nug or a mabari! "What did the Wardens do with them?"

--------------------
PM
^
Caspian Veles
 Posted: Feb 1 2018, 06:00 AM
played by
years old. . currently . from .
Human
w
a
s
d
Caspian Veles

Cas looked between the both of them and arched an eyebrow. "The wardens kept them in big Aieries in Wieshaupt" He told Chrissy. "Protected i guess"

Caspian rubbed his jaw and looked at his little brother. "I met up with Marius Falkenrath last week he was here on business. Turns out our old estate came back on the market and into the hands of the Duke and Duchess" This was a sore subject for Caspian, to have had to sell everything they owned because of thier late father's debts. He didn't know how Chrissy felt about it after all these years but it still gnawed at him.
"He gave me the money for it, i refused at first, but he insisted, said it was the least he could do, as his father was unable at the time to step in and help an old friend. So i have put it in the bank and when i find a sutible farm i will use it to buy that. I have also set aside an account for you to use for your own personal use. There is not a lot Chrissy so you will have to go steady with it."

He shook his head a little and looked at Sabine "wouldn't think he was of noble stock would you?" He was joking a little, thier "noble" blood was not something Caspian harped on about. The Veles name was not exactly a story for successful Nevarran nobility. "SO assuming we find any, then i will move them to a protected area. Marius has promised to send me some elite Nevarran Troops to guard the premises, those he trusts and who are loyal to him and whom they work for. i think that more than makes up for the fact his father let our father down" Caspian didn't blame Marius or Elisabet for what happend to his father. It was just nice to know that old friendships still meant something to the young Duke and Duchess of his homeland "This is not going to be about how much they can be sold for Chrissy, this is going to be about protecting them, so i will need to find somewhere that has mountains for them to nest in but come under the purveau of whatever land i buy"

Cas glanced at Sabbi "You should know me well enough to know this would be about preserving history and if we are lucky enough to find them then keep them in a protected environment where they can flourish. I am not interested in the gold history is my drug love" He took her hand and kissed the back of it "and i apologise for my mood, i have had a lot on my mind the last week or two and i have a headache to kill all headaches, i will not be looking at scrolls for the rest of the night or tomorrow" he didn't add that he would rather be looking at her, the atmosphere between his brother and lover was bad enough at the best of times. He handed a slip of paper to his brother "Thats got your details on it. I have put a cap on how much you can withdraw and you are limited to once a week" Honestly it was like looking after Rutgur again. "I am going to see if the Professors would let me put an expedition together. Assuming we find them and they agree to come into our care we are going to have a lot of interest, from the Wardens primarily. I just hope they dont hit us with a piece of ancient parchment that says they have the rights to all Griffons then that would really really piss me off"
PMEmail
^
Sabine Béchard
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 12:18 PM
played by Zyah
Human
w
a
s
d
Sabine Béchard

Sabine said nothing during the exchange between brothers. Of coarse Cas was looking out for his brother, like he always did, and Sabine learned long ago not to get involved. It would only lead to another argument, one she did not care to have.

She smiled fondly at Cas when he kissed the back of her hand and held his gaze. As much as he drove her crazy, she loved his passion. Maybe this evening was salvageable after all.

"Its the not the Wardens you'll need to worry about." Sabine gingerly took a sip of champagne. "From what I was told it was a relationship between man and beast. An understanding. The Wardens didn't have rights over the Griffons. The Griffons chose to work with them." The Chevalier looked over the menu, speaking when she felt she had something to contribute. "Its going to be hunters that will see them as a prize and its those vultures you need to be worried about. Maybe even some scholars." She delicately added, not meaning him but others who were motivated by greed and notoriety.
PMEmail
^
Christian Veles
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 07:30 PM
played by Momo
Human
w
a
s
d
Christian Veles

The news hit Chrissy like a ton of bricks and at first he couldn't even say anything. His fork dropped out of his hand --food and all-- clattering onto his plate loudly. Did... Did Capsian just say that he'd been given the money to purchase their old home by the Duke of Nevarra himself!? First of all, Christian didn't even know that his brother held such acquaintances (why weren't they working for someone of that magnitude instead of squaloring away in the Orlesian University!?). But secondly, he couldn't believe that his brother preferred to buy a farm!!

"What do you mean!?" Christian exclaimed loudly as soon as the part of the shock that kept him quiet wore off. His eyes were wide and he just couldn't believe it. He had to be dreaming, it was some sort of nightmare. Of course having dinner with Cas and Sabine had to be a nightmare, made only worse by this announcement! "The Duke gave you money to buy our home back and you didn't do it!"

He didn't even care that he had an allowance now, he just wanted to go home! Christian had wanted to go back to Perendale for years! He hated Orlais. Even though it had good wine, it was far too stuffy for his liking. If they had the money to purchase their old estate --one which he had not really left willingly years ago-- then they could worry about the griffons from there! "Let's go home already!! Forget this place, buy the estate! You can bring your griffon books and we can keep the birdies there!"

--------------------
PM
^
Caspian Veles
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 09:39 PM
played by
Human
w
a
s
d
Caspian Veles

Cas looked around him as Chrissy poured out his feelings on the subject and cleared his throat. He didn't expect Chrissy to understand, maker forbid, he had let the young boy have his time of grieving, and it had been a hell of a job to get the 16 year old he was when thier father died to understand that.

Even so for all that there was no way on this mans earth that Cas was going to buy that house again. Ever.

"No, i am not going to buy it back, i do not wish to live in a house that i had to struggle in the end deal with so dad could carry on drinking himself to desk and salvage what i could while he gambled everything away Christian" He said in a low voice "We can discuss this another time now calm yourself"

He cursed himself for even bringing it up, he just assumed after thirteen years Chrissy might have accepted their situation. Obviously not. He muttered an apology to Sabine, course he had his own reasons for not wanting to go back there and they were deeply personal.

He never said goodbye to his mama, although he could have gone to the crypt but he was too busy getting Chrissy's education sorted and being there for the young boy when he needed someone. Other days he was too busy trying to hide every bottle of booze in the house and dealing with thier fathers gambling and business debts, something that only came to light AFTER Rutger died and in order to stop themselves from being thrown on the streets he had to sell everything. Every single thing so they had something to take away with them after settling old debts.

"And they are not Birdies!!!" He added through gritted teeth
PMEmail
^
Sabine Béchard
 Posted: Mar 7 2018, 10:17 AM
played by Zyah
Human
w
a
s
d
Sabine Béchard

The tension between brothers was enough for Sabine to fall silent. She knew of the struggles Caspian had to face because of his father and it was a sensitive subject for him. "Please excuse me. I'm going to freshen up." Sabine stood from her seat and excused herself giving the brothers a moment to themselves. She weaved her way through the restaurant to the ladies room. On her way back she stopped by the bar and ordered a glass of champagne. Sabine took a couple of sips and contemplated over what Caspian said about the Griffons and if he was serious about going on an expedition. If he was then Sabine was determined to join him, if for no other reason than to make sure to watch over him.

After a fair amount of time passed Sabine made her way back to the table hoping it was enough time for the brothers to have settled the matter about their finances.

PMEmail
^
Christian Veles
 Posted: Mar 25 2018, 05:59 PM
played by Momo
Human
w
a
s
d
Christian Veles

"Oh, come on!" Christian exclaimed after Sabine had left, letting her escape the embarrassment before things got heated. It wasn't like he was trying to start a fight he just... really wanted to go home. "We could get the hell out of this awful city! Go back where we belong! And you passed it up?"

He couldn't understand Caspian's reasoning, not in the slightest. No matter how long they'd stayed in Orlais, he hated the place. Nevarra was better, Perendale and their estate even more so. It had been a good place, at least until his father had gambled everything away. But they could get it back, for free, and make it their own again.

Christian just shook his head. "I can't believe you passed it up," he grumbled, suddenly not caring about the stupid griffons anymore. Cas was just going to spend their money on them anyway, even if he found them, leaving them poor again. They were always poor in Orlais.

"I'm going to bed," he finally grouched, not even seeing the argument as a worthwhile endeavor as he stood up and left the table.

[exuent Chrissy!]

--------------------
PM
^
Caspian Veles
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 07:27 AM
played by
Human
w
a
s
d
Caspian Veles

Caspian watched his brother leave and shook his head. Was he being selfish? he didn't know maybe he could...think about it. He didn't want an argument with Chrissy, they argued enough over the last couple of years.

Shaking his head again he picked his drink up and pushed the plate away from him. "Me and my big mouth" he muttered to himself and mumbled an apology to the Chevalier when she returned.

Cas cleared his mind, well if Chrissy was going to storm off then let him, he didn't expect him to understand why Cas didn't want to return to that house and he was not going to put it on the table for debate anymore. If Chrissy wanted to return home then all he had to do was petition Erzebet or Marius and he would have his home. He would be welcome to it.

Cas had a good life here, even if Chrissy didn't think they did. He didn't much care for the Orleasian snobbery, and he didn't much care for thier politicking but he was respected here. It had taken a few years but he was not about to chuck it all away because his brother was acting like a spoilt brat.

Cas rubbed his eyes and looked at Sabine as the music started. Rising from his seat, he gave a small bow and held his hand out "Dance, my lady?" of course she was one of the main reasons he wanted to remain where he was.

Their relationship was a storm, sometimes calm, sometimes volatile, sometimes they parted and wouldn't see each other for months, but somewhere along the line they always found thier way back. Be it fate or design he didn't know and right now he didn't care.

PMEmail
^
Sabine Béchard
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 11:59 AM
played by Zyah
Human
w
a
s
d
Sabine Béchard

Sabine slipped her hand in Cas' and let him guide her to the dance floor. They fell into step flawlessly and it wasn't until he brought her close that she spoke. As much as she didn't care for Christian she didn't like to see the brothers fight, mainly because she knew how much Cas cared for his brother. "Give him time." She told Cas in attempt to lift his mood. "He misses his home. He doesn't know all you did or had to sacrifice to keep the two of you afloat. Part of being the bratty little brother." Sabine teased then smiled softly at Cas in understanding.

In her family she was the youngest and the only girl. Most her life she was spoiled and it wasn't until she joined the Chevaliers that she understood how sheltered she'd been. The experience helped her grow up and accept responsibility, something apparently Christian never did. Could have been why he never completed his training.

Cas twirled her and guided her through the dance floor smoothly and by the time the song ended Sabine was ready to go. "Come home with me?" She invited Cas. Though the evening started off rocky she hoped that it could still be salvaged. "And you can tell me more about your griffons... or other things." She added with a coy smile.

PMEmail
^
Caspian Veles
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 09:52 AM
played by
Human
w
a
s
d
Caspian Veles

Caspian loved dancing, and he loved dancing more with Sabine. He brought her close even laughing a little as he twirled her round. Cas nodded when she suggested going back with him and returning to the table paid the bill. Put her shawl around her shoulders and kissed her neck lightly.

"I think i will leave that subject alone for tonight" he told her offering her his arm and walking into the evening air "You can tell me what you have been up to lately"

Caspian wanted to focus his attentions on Sabine now, she deserved it after the way he had neglected her today. He would have to present his case to the board but more often than not they let him do what he had to do. He had brought enough attention to the University over the years to allow him that luxury.

"And then we can talk about other things" he winked nothing would ruin his night with Sabine.

(fin?)
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.

affiliates table created by shimmer at shine.