staff
updates
� 10.21.2017
Our new sitewide plot is a go! See THE INQUISITION!
Welcome
Welcome to the new home of Revolutions! Thank you to everyone who's helped us get moved and all our awesome members. <3
credits
Original site concept belongs to Claire and Simon.

Skin and mini-profile coded by MISS TEXAS. at CAUTION. Toggle sidebar is from SubDevo and Custom Forum Structure script is from Black. Site templates by HELLS BELLS at CAUTION.

Dragon Age belongs to Bioware.

Add Reply
New Poll

The Inquisition, It's unexpected; site-wide plot
Kai
 Posted: Oct 4 2017, 01:47 PM
played by
years old. . currently . from .
Admin
w
a
s
d
Kai

user posted image

“The beginning of the fifty-third year of the Dragon Age was marked by a wave of assassinations and assassination attempts against numerous political figures across the face of Thedas.

In Orlais they claimed the lives of Emperor Just I., famously without direct heir, and a number the Council Of Heralds - and attempts were against more of them, including Théophile de Ghislain, head of the Council.
Shocked and without leadership, the Masked Empire hangs in a stalemate as the various Houses maneuver for power.

In Nevarra King Markus Pentaghast fell to a poisoned blade; and in Ferelden Adrian Black, Teyrn of Gwaren, was attacked and slain during a hunt, and attempts have been made on the Teyrn of Highever and King Alistair Theirin, although neither were successful.

And in the Grand Cathedral an assassin tried - and failed - to take the life of our Divine.
While each of these acts was despicable all on their own, not even the most addled mind could believe them simply coincidence. In order to unmask the truth behind these attacks and bring to justice the Heretics responsible, Divine Justinia has ordered for the Inquisition to be formed anew and once again bring Light into Darkness.”

Current Thread/s:

Past Thread/s:

Cast of Characters (dramatis personae):
  • High Inquisitor Arthur Presdale (SPC, mostly played by Kai)
  • Ava Michel, Inquisitor, played by @Zyah
  • Kataryn Galatea, Marshal of the Inquisition, played by @Mickle
  • Agostino Carrera, Inquisitor, NPC'd by @Momo
  • Kora Talios, Inquisitor, played by @Jax
  • Benyen Hamani, Magical Advisor, played by @Dread Pirate Mike
  • Clara, Role?, played by @Luce
Future Plot Ideas:
  • Recruit Inquisitors, muster the Inquisition's Forces, find the connection between the assassinations, reaffirm the Treaties
The Powers and Duties of an Inquisitor:
The Inquisition Of Old established numerous treaties with various leaders to grant their agents special powers.
As an Inquisitor, you may apprehend and question anyone, regardless of standing, and you may question them by any means you deem necessary. In theory. Naturally powerful nobles should be given far more careful and polite a treatment than random peasants require. As much as we may despise politics, the Inquisition isn’t strong enough to carelessly make enemies. Yet.
You may also sit in Joint Judgement over anyone you think needs judging. The judgement will be jointly given by you and whomever the local noble responsible is.
In Ferelden, for example, a peasant would be judged by you and the local Bann, a Bann by you and the Arl he is sworn to, an Arl by you wand a Teyrn, a Teyrn by you and the King.
These rights are given by the treaties, who have long been sitting forgotten and gathering dust. Reaffirming those treaties, and renegotiating where necessary, will be one of the first tasks of the Inquisition.

Leads

What are leads?
Wikipedia defines a lead as “information from a source that leads to the uncovering of more interesting information.”
And that’s basically that. While there is an underlying plotline in place for the Inquisition, I’d like to give you players a bit more freedom in shaping it. Therefore, if you finish an Inquisition thread, you may now submit a Lead in the plot hub, which you or other players can follow.
Ideally that lead is based on information your characters dig up IC, but this is no necessity - a lead might have been found by any of the NPC agents of the Inquisition if it does not stem from roleplay.

Generally, a lead can be absolutely anything you can think of, but naturally there are some rules in place:
  • A lead should not be a solution. It should force Inquisitors to investigate more, rather than reveal a bad guy without a doubt. (There are exceptions, more on that later)
  • Under no circumstances should a lead reveal the puppeteers behind this conspiracy as a whole. It might name individual characters as a member of the bad guys, but it should not reveal their name, purpose, and convenient location of their headquarters.
  • A lead may be false. If you want to submit a false lead, you may PM me (for obvious reasons this should not be shared in the main plot hub.)
    However, the plot team may also decide that a lead is false regardless, if it is too outlandish or otherwise unfeasible. For example, a Lead suggesting that the Divine is actually a demon in disguise will turn out to be false. OR WILL IT?

Major Leads
Major Leads are the main plot drive for the Inquisition. Unlike normal Leads, a major lead can name a character as a member of the Bad Guys, provided that you have permission from the player (if it’s a PC) or from staff (if it is a major NPC). Minor NPCs should still be run by the staff, but will rarely cause trouble.
A major lead can be generated after several minor leads have been pursued and enough information has been gathered. Note that multiple characters/players can pursue multiple minor leads simultaneously, and then compare the gathered knowledge (and discuss OOCly) to generate a major lead.
I will adjust the pacing as necessary, but for now I will say that every three leads investigated will generate a major lead. That being said, if you feel that knowledge your character uncovered IC warrants a major lead regardless of rules, you may certainly discuss it with me.

In addition to player-generated leads, staff may also submit leads (minor or major) occasionally, to keep the plot running.

Starting leads:
  • As our scouts fan out, they spread the news about the failed attack on the Divine. Now several of them have discovered something curious. It seems that multiple settlements along the Imperial Highway leading east and then north to Nevarra have been told by a merchant that the attack was successful. Furthermore, while travel times are variable and hard to estimate, it seems that whoever spread those lies must have set out from Val Royeaux before knowledge of the attack was made public.
    The merchant responsible should be tracked down and questioned - he may have valuable information, and may be indeed part of this conspiracy.
  • Duke Theophile de Ghislain is one of the few members of the Council of Heralds lucky enough to survive the attack on the Emperor. But while the others survived on value of being absent or simply surviving their injury, Duke de Ghislain was lucky enough to leave shortly before the attack - and unlucky enough to be attacked himself while doing whatever required his immediate attention, which makes one wonder.
    That being said, Duke de Ghislain has promised full cooperation, and is as important a potential ally than he is dangerous a potential enemy. Further inquiries should take place, but it is strongly suggested that they are lead by a diplomatic individual skilled in the Grand Game. We cannot risk alienating the nobility by throwing false accusations.
  • Shortly before he was assassinated, late Emperor Just publicly disinherited his brother, Prince Leopold, as well as that entire branch of the family, claiming a conspiracy. Unsurprisingly they have tried to debunk and undo these actions from the moment his death became known. We have to investigate how much of this is true, and if so, whether or not the brother’s plot is connected in any way to the current happenings.
  • A strange crystal was discovered in the belongings of the Divine's would-be assassin. It hums with a faint magical aura. High Inquisitor Presdale is convinced it is worth further investigation.
PM
^
Kai
 Posted: Oct 29 2017, 09:02 AM
played by
Admin
w
a
s
d
Kai

@Zyah, @Mickle, @jax, @Dread Pirate Mike, are you set to kick the first thread off this week?
PM
^
Jax
 Posted: Oct 29 2017, 09:36 AM
played by
Admin
w
a
s
d
Jax

Roger that
PMEmail
^
Dread Pirate Mike
 Posted: Oct 29 2017, 12:09 PM
played by
Members
w
a
s
d
Dread Pirate Mike

I can do that.
PM
^
Zyah
 Posted: Oct 29 2017, 11:07 PM
played by
Members
w
a
s
d
Zyah

Yes. I'm up for it. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/smile.gif
PM
^
Dread Pirate Mike
 Posted: Nov 6 2017, 04:58 PM
played by
Members
w
a
s
d
Dread Pirate Mike

Posting this, at Momo's suggestion, before I forget about it, but if the Inquisition does turn its gaze that way for some reason, the elves of Ostagar might provide an interesting conflict. The land itself was granted by King Alistair, but as far as I've ever been aware, they're for all intents and purposes a sovereign city state now. Since they didn't exist at the time of the original Inquisition, there wouldn't be any treaty in place granting them any authority within Ostagar's borders. And while some of the former Alienage Elves are certain to still be Andrastian, the Dalish "pagan" half would likely be suspicious and resentful of any Chantry enchroachment...you know, after that whole "An Exalted March destroyed our last homeland" thing. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

So...I'm guessing the Inquisition has some delicate negotiating to do? Or some threats to make. However people want to try and play it, I guess.
PM
^
Kai
 Posted: Nov 6 2017, 05:35 PM
played by
Admin
w
a
s
d
Kai

Ohhh, this is an excellent idea! //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif
PM
^
Kai
 Posted: Nov 27 2017, 11:44 AM
played by
Admin
w
a
s
d
Kai

I apologize for the slow posting rate. Updates coming soon.
PM
^
Kai
 Posted: Dec 3 2017, 07:46 AM
played by
Admin
w
a
s
d
Kai

Alright, post is out, a bit later than I had hoped, for which I apologize.

I also modified the main post, adding the following part on Leads, which is how I'd like to run this plot as much driven by the players as by me, and which should hopefully also allow you folks to do plot-important threads with your Inky characters without having to wait for me.

Leads

What are leads?
Wikipedia defines a lead as “information from a source that leads to the uncovering of more interesting information.”
And that’s basically that. While there is an underlying plotline in place for the Inquisition, I’d like to give you players a bit more freedom in shaping it. Therefore, if you finish an Inquisition thread, you may now submit a Lead in the plot hub, which you or other players can follow.
Ideally that lead is based on information your characters dig up IC, but this is no necessity - a lead might have been found by any of the NPC agents of the Inquisition if it does not stem from roleplay.

Generally, a lead can be absolutely anything you can think of, but naturally there are some rules in place:
  • A lead should not be a solution. It should force Inquisitors to investigate more, rather than reveal a bad guy without a doubt. (There are exceptions, more on that later)
  • Under no circumstances should a lead reveal the puppeteers behind this conspiracy as a whole. It might name individual characters as a member of the bad guys, but it should not reveal their name, purpose, and convenient location of their headquarters.
  • A lead may be false. If you want to submit a false lead, you may PM me (for obvious reasons this should not be shared in the main plot hub.)
    However, the plot team may also decide that a lead is false regardless, if it is too outlandish or otherwise unfeasible. For example, a Lead suggesting that the Divine is actually a demon in disguise will turn out to be false. OR WILL IT?

Major Leads
Major Leads are the main plot drive for the Inquisition. Unlike normal Leads, a major lead can name a character as a member of the Bad Guys, provided that you have permission from the player (if it’s a PC) or from staff (if it is a major NPC). Minor NPCs should still be run by the staff, but will rarely cause trouble.
A major lead can be generated after several minor leads have been pursued and enough information has been gathered. Note that multiple characters/players can pursue multiple minor leads simultaneously, and then compare the gathered knowledge (and discuss OOCly) to generate a major lead.
I will adjust the pacing as necessary, but for now I will say that every three leads investigated will generate a major lead. That being said, if you feel that knowledge your character uncovered IC warrants a major lead regardless of rules, you may certainly discuss it with me.

In addition to player-generated leads, staff may also submit leads (minor or major) occasionally, to keep the plot running.

Starting leads:
  • As our scouts fan out, they spread the news about the failed attack on the Divine. Now several of them have discovered something curious. It seems that multiple settlements along the Imperial Highway leading east and then north to Nevarra have been told by a merchant that the attack was successful. Furthermore, while travel times are variable and hard to estimate, it seems that whoever spread those lies must have set out from Val Royeaux before knowledge of the attack was made public.
    The merchant responsible should be tracked down and questioned - he may have valuable information, and may be indeed part of this conspiracy.
  • Duke Theophile de Ghislain is one of the few members of the Council of Heralds lucky enough to survive the attack on the Emperor. But while the others survived on value of being absent or simply surviving their injury, Duke de Ghislain was lucky enough to leave shortly before the attack - and unlucky enough to be attacked himself while doing whatever required his immediate attention, which makes one wonder.
    That being said, Duke de Ghislain has promised full cooperation, and is as important a potential ally than he is dangerous a potential enemy. Further inquiries should take place, but it is strongly suggested that they are lead by a diplomatic individual skilled in the Grand Game. We cannot risk alienating the nobility by throwing false accusations.
  • Shortly before he was assassinated, late Emperor Just publicly disinherited his brother, Prince Leopold, as well as that entire branch of the family, claiming a conspiracy. Unsurprisingly they have tried to debunk and undo these actions from the moment his death became known. We have to investigate how much of this is true, and if so, whether or not the brother’s plot is connected in any way to the current happenings.
  • A strange crystal was discovered in the belongings of the Divine's would-be assassin. It hums with a faint magical aura. High Inquisitor Presdale is convinced it is worth further investigation.
PM
^
Kai
 Posted: Dec 5 2017, 11:26 AM
played by
Admin
w
a
s
d
Kai

...I just realized that Arthur said "...should provoke a witchhunt..." where I meant to type "prevent a witchhunt".

I mean, it's basically the same, one little word wont change the history of an entire contient, will it? /s
PM
^
Momo
 Posted: Dec 6 2017, 01:44 PM
played by Momo
25 years old. Mastermind of Mischief Operations. currently Awesome. from Texas.
Admin
w
a
s
d
Momo

@Luce - if you're okay to have another thread, I can bring in my NPC Inquisitor to Kinloch Hold to recruit Clara!

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Roleplay Forums

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.

affiliates table created by shimmer at shine.